Is a pivot hinge shower door less expensive than a side-mount hinge shower door?
A pivot hinge shower door can be less expensive, but not always. The versatility in which both hinges can be applied prevents labeling of these hardware products.
How one uses either hinge affects how much glass fabrication (cutting and notching) is necessary. And this is really what drives price.
A pivot-hinge door secured to the ceiling and side-mount hinge secured to a wall do not differ in cost. If you were to secure a side-mount hinge to another glass panel, this configuration would require more glass fabrication work.
More Questions Popular questions in other categories.
- Why is choosing a hinge type for my frameless shower door so important?
- What's the difference between a pivot hinge and a side-mount hinge?
- What are the specs for side hinges?
- What are the specs for pivot-mount hinges?
- Why is choosing frameless shower hardware so important?
Still need help?
Arrange a phone call with one of our experts who specializes in your exact question. Contact one of our support professional.