Select one of the pictures below that most closely resembles your shower.
Select a shower to request a quote:
Shower Door Size Specifications
- The width of a single shower door can normally range between 22" (check your local code for a minimum width of a door for an entrance) and 36" is the maximum width due to the weight limits. Anything larger than 36" need to be divided into a door and a single pane adjacent to it, which would modify the configuration to an single shower door format.*
- The height of the glass can range between the minimim size of your opening to maximum of 96". Standard height (most common maybe the better word) of a single glass shower door is 72". The maximum height of the door actually depends on the width as well and is closely related to the overall weight of the final product.
Glass Thickness Options
- 3/8" Thickness (standard) and 1/2" Thickness (heavy) are our most popular glass thickness options.
- Any glass thinner than 3/8" would need to be wrapped in aluminum extrusion to help stabilize the glass and therefore would be considered a framed shower door.
- Shower glass thicker than 1/2" is not offered due to its weight being too heavy to be supported.
- Clear Glass
- Acid etched or sand blasted glass
- Rain Glass
- Bronze Glass
- Gray Glass
Glass is cut to size and all sides are polished to a smooth high polish finish and if side hinges are being used, a mickey mouse cut is carefully cut into glass to hold the hinges and glass together. Depending on the size and location of the handle, a pull knob or a grab bar with various holes are drilled into the glass to provide for anchorage. See all available glass works options.
- Side-Mount hinges and Pivot hinges are two of the most popular frameless shower hinge types. Side hinges the most used attachment type for single shower doors. Depending on the weight of the glass, two to three side hinges may be used.
- Pivot hinges are another common type of attachment for single shower doors. You can learn more about the comparisons of side hinges and pivots here, Q&A: Pivot Hinge vs. Side-Mount Hinge
Popular Hardware Finishes
- Brushed nickel
- Oil rubbed bronze
Door Pull Types
- Shower door knobs
- Shower Door Handles
- Towel bar
- Towel bar handle combo
Out of square situations
In a perfect world every thing is nice plumb and square but in real world most walls are out of square. If a perfectly square door is installed in an opening that is ot of square the imperfections in the wall get exacerbated and more noticeable. In these situation the glass is custom cut to accommodate the opening.
We know that any remodeling project can seem a bit daunting, so we've put together some pointers for making the planning process easier and ensuring the installation process goes as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Keep Your Glass Looking Like New...
The ClearShield System is the perfect solution to protect your brand new glass shower or glass bath enclosure. ClearShield not only protects, but maintains your glass, for that beautiful dazzle.
With ClearShield, your glass stays looking new, resists stains, dirt, and discoloration, resulting in a glass shower that’s easier to clean.