Glass Shelf Weight Load Calculator
The permissible weight load for glass shelves is based on thickness of the glass, the square footage of the glass, and the span between supports. Use Dulles Glass and Mirror's Glass Shelf Weight Load Calculator to calculate how much weight your glass shelf can hold.
To determine the weight in LBS.* just enter the glass type, dimensions, glass thickness and the span** between supports into the Weight Load Calculator and click on Calculate.
- * Weight load calculations are approximate
- ** Please use the closest span option for your glass shelf's actual span
1. Select glass type
2. Enter glass shelf dimensions
||Fraction of an Inch
||All measurements are in inches
3. Select glass thickness
4. Select the span (distance) between supports
* Figures are approximate – Dulles Glass and Mirror does not guarantee accuracy and is not responsible for any miscalculations.
Glass shelf weight load dependent on many variables including: type of bracket used, fastening method, and wall type – each variable has differing
weight load capability.
Choose from our selection of glass and mirror products