Why is choosing a hinge type for my frameless shower door so important?
The type of hinge you choose for your shower door actually affects other installation requirements for building and designing your shower, as well as cost.
There are two types of hinges:
- Pivot Hinge, fixes to the bottom and top of your shower door (like a revolving door)
- Side-Mount Hinge, fixes to the side of your shower door (like doors in your house)
Do you want to mount your shower door to a wall? Use a side-mount hinge. To an adjacent glass panel? Will it mount floor-to-ceiling? From the floor-to a header or glass transom?
Working through these decisions will dictate where other hardware is placed and how much glass fabrication (precision cutting) is required.
Your Dulles Glass and Mirror project manager can review all the considerations necessary.
To learn more on your own see: What's the Difference Between a Pivot Hinge and a Side-Mount Hinge?
More Questions Popular questions in other categories.
- What's the difference between a pivot hinge and a side-mount hinge?
- Is a pivot hinge shower door less expensive than a side-mount hinge shower door?
- What are the specs for side hinges?
- What are the specs for pivot-mount hinges?
- Why is choosing frameless shower hardware so important?
Still need help?
Arrange a phone call with one of our experts who specializes in your exact question. Contact one of our support professional.