DIY Cabinet Glass Replacement
Replace Or Update Cabinet Glass Online With Dulles Glass & Mirror
DIY cabinet glass replacement doesn't have to be difficult. In fact, you can order custom glass inserts online with the click of a button. Glass cabinet doors and shelves are an aesthetically pleasing and functional way of storing household items. Glass cabinets let you enjoy the appearance of your belongings. There are many options when it comes to adding glass to your cabinets or glass shelves. Here at Dulles Glass and Mirror, we are ready to cover all of your needs! Stunningly clear glass cabinets provide a classic look that will never fade. If you are refacing or restoring your cabinet doors and are looking for a fresh new look, this guide will cover the steps needed for adding glass to kitchen cabinets and other cupboards.
Glass Thickness for Cabinet Doors
For cabinets, we recommend 3/16 inch to 1/4 inch thick glass. Whereas 3/16" is the thinnest glass available, 1/4" thin glass is ideal for light-duty replacement glass. Extra glass thickness provides stability. For more information on which glass thickness is best for your home improvement project, visit our glass thickness guide.
Decorative Glass Inserts For Kitchen Cabinets & Cupboards
Now for the fun part- choosing the style of glass for your cabinet doors. Not only does Dulles Glass & Mirror allow customers to specify custom sizes, but we have other customizations available as well, including glass tint, texture and shape. Although most kitchen cabinets are rectangular-shaped, we also offer other glass replacement shapes for armoires, gun cabinets, medicine cabinets and more.
Types of glass for kitchen cabinets
Clear Glass is the most common glass type for cabinet doors. However, you can add tinted glass to your cabinet doors.
- HDlass(tm) is the clearest glass available and its low iron content reduces the green tint found in most glass.
- Opaque-Clear Glass is a whitish opaque glass.
- Bronze Glass has a beautiful caramel hue that pairs well with dark wood. For a contrasted look, bronze glass also goes well with lighter wood.
- Gray Glass is a smoky colored glass that goes with trendy gray kitchen palettes or stainless steel appliances.
Glass Corner Finishes For Cabinet Doors
- Eased: This is the standard type of glass used for cabinets as the corners are squared and lightly sanded for a non-sharp finish.
Now that you have had a brief introduction into the options for your DIY cabinet glass replacement, head on over to the largest online glass supplier to begin your home remodeling project - Dulles Glass And Mirror.