What Is Tempered Shower Glass?
Tempered shower glass is safety glass and by law, is the only type of glass permitted for bathroom shower installations. It's called safety glass because tempered glass will never break into sharp, jagged edges. Instead, when broken, tempered glass shatters into small oval pebbles.
We manufacture tempered glass from normal glass through a process of extreme heating and rapid cooling. This makes the tempered glass four to five times stronger than standard glass, giving it a highly-prized brittle quality.
Glass tempering is the final step in our glass fabrication process. After we've tempered your custom glass panels at our manufacturing warehouse, your frameless shower is ready for installation.
|Non Tempered Glass||Tempered Glass|
Tempered Glass Safety
It's important that our clients understand basic properties of tempered glass to protect your frameless shower investment.
- Never cut or drill tempered glass. It will shatter.
- Extreme heat conditions such as fire will also cause tempered glass to shatter.
- Tempered glass does not protect glass clarity or prevent hard-water stains.
Tempered glass does not interfere with glass styles or choices. It does not alter the look of clear, tinted or acid-etched glass patterns.
Keywords: tempered glass, safety glass, tempered glass faqs, tempered glass safety.
More Questions Popular questions in other categories.
- Can you design a frameless shower that doesn't leak?
- What's the difference between a pivot hinge and a side-mount hinge?
- Can I protect my glass shower door from water spots and clouding?
- What components go into planning my frameless shower design?
- What are U-channels and how are these used for frameless showers?
Get Help Now
|Still need help?|
Arrange a phone call with one of our experts who specializes in your exact question. Contact a support professional by E-mail, Online, or Phone