What is the difference between a framed and frameless shower?
A frameless shower gives home owners an all-glass look for their bathroom enclosure. It's considered a high-end design upgrade that opens up one's bathroom space and accents various style preferences from conventional elegance to minimalist chic. It just depends on how the rest of the bathroom is accessorized.
Framed glass showers can look just as elegant, and the finish on the frames can be used to accent a bathroom and draw attention to the shower structure itself.
Frameless vs. Framed Glass Showers
In addition to the visible differences of frameless and framed showers, there are also key construction differences. And here's where the factors that influence price come into play:
- Frameless showers require more glass fabrication. Greater attention to detail and craftsmanship go into building a tight-fitting, luxury frameless shower.
- Thinner glass in framed showers is wrapped in aluminum casing to reinforce the glass. The aluminum frame fastens to another frame, a wall, shower header or ceiling.
- Architectural-quality glass can be used for frameless shower construction. For structural integrity, frameless showers in general require stronger building blocks than framed showers. So thicker glass is a requirement, but architectural glass is a premium choice only used for frameless showers.
- Frameless glass showers are easier to clean than framed glass showers. There's more smooth surface space.
|Framed Shower||Frameless Shower|
Keywords: frameless shower vs framed shower, frameless shower comparison, framed shower comparsion, compare frameless shower framed shower, glass shower types
More Questions Popular questions in other categories.
- What is the difference between 3/8-inch thick frameless shower glass and 1/2-inch thick frameless shower glass?
- Can you design a frameless shower that doesn't leak?
- What's the difference between a pivot hinge and a side-mount hinge?
- What Is Tempered Shower Glass?
- What components go into planning my frameless shower design?
Get Help Now
|Still need help?|
Arrange a phone call with one of our experts who specializes in your exact question. Contact a support professional by E-mail, Online, or Phone