Frameless Shower Screens
Universally chic and modern
Glass screens are a unique art form and can separate space and sound without being intrusive or minimizing. Glass screens have always been used to separate rooms from one another, but in recent years, with all the advances in glass hardware and glass tempering, these design miracles have made their way into the bathing space as shower screens. While keeping the water out, glass allows light and depth into an otherwise small bathing space.
The typical size for a glass shower screen is 36" wide by 72" tall. The availability of different glass types offers the convenience of choosing the separation and even the color that denotes the space. Choose between clear glass, frosted glass, rain glass, or even the clear, low-iron glass, which produces unsurpassed clarity that can only be matched by HD quality.
How the glass is held in place to produce the desired look is another option available to consumers through advances in glass hardware. Choose between a small, 2” by 2” metal clip that creates the feeling of “framelessness” or a thin, easily concealed, U-channel that holds the glass erect.
These glass panels deliver the ultimate in minimalist chic, and also lead the way in universal design. Glass offers relevance and staying power for the long haul. Walk-in showers impact space with openness and ease.
Select which illustration below best defines your shower area to screen:
Choose Frameless Shower Screens Configurations (6)
- What is the difference between 3/8 inch thick frameless shower glass and 1/2 inch thick frameless shower glass?
- What is tempered shower glass?
- Which glass styles can I choose for a frameless shower door?
- What's the difference between low-iron and clear glass styles?
- What's the difference between acid-etched glass and sandblasted glass?
- What is glass fabrication?
- What is glass glazing?
- What is a frameless glass shower transom?
- What is a mickey mouse cutout and why is it used in frameless glass shower doors?
- Why does my frameless shower glass have notches?
- Why is choosing a hinge type for my frameless shower door so important?
- What's the difference between a pivot hinge and a side-mount hinge?
- Is a pivot hinge shower door less expensive than a side-mount hinge shower door?
- What are the specs for side hinges?
- What are the specs for pivot-mount hinges?
- Why is choosing connecting hardware for my frameless shower door so important?
- What are U-channels and how are these used for frameless showers?
- What are the specs for U-channels?
- When are metal clips used in a frameless shower?
- What are the specs for metal clips?
- What is the difference between a framed and frameless shower?
- Will a frameless shower improve my bathroom or home value?
- What's universal design and how does it relate to frameless glass showers?
- What's an inline frameless shower?
- What is a neo angle shower?
- What other frameless shower styles are available?
- Do frameless shower enclosures come in standard sizes?
- What hardware styles and color finishes are available for my frameless shower?
- What styles and color finishes are available for frameless shower accessories?
- Doesn't a shower header ruin my frameless look?
Anatomy of a Frameless Shower
- What is the difference between standard and heavy glass showers?
- What components go into planning my frameless shower design?
- What is a return panel?
- What is a shower sweep and do I need one for my frameless shower door?
- What's the difference between a grab bar and a towel bar?
- Can you install my frameless shower door to swing in if I don't have room outside my shower or bath area for the shower to open out?
- Why do I need a header over my frameless shower door?
Assessing Your Space
- Can you design a frameless shower that doesn't leak?
- Will Dulles Glass and Mirror break down my existing shower and bathroom structures to install my frameless shower upgrade?
- How do you install frameless shower doors and glass panels if the walls, floor or ceiling aren't plumb?
- What if my shower wall is dramatically out of plumb?
- What's the ordering process for my frameless shower door?
- Which frameless showers would you NOT recommend for self-installation?
- Can I get an estimate before you come out?
- How can I find fast answers to common ordering and installation questions?
- Why do frameless shower estimates vary among companies? Sometimes, a lot!
- Will the price quote for my frameless shower door be the final project cost?
What to Expect
- Will my frameless shower door come with a warranty?
- How long will it take for you to measure for my frameless shower and what can I expect?
- How long will it take to manufacture my frameless glass shower door?
- What is the manufacturing process for glass showers?
- How long will it take to install my frameless shower door and what can I expect?
Care and Maintenance
- Can I protect my glass shower door from water spots and clouding?
- How do I maintain and care for my frameless shower door?
- Do I have to use your after-care products to clean my frameless shower?
- Do you offer automatic shipping for shower after-care products?
- How do I clean my bottom shower sweep and the side vinyl seal around my frameless shower door, and how often will I need to clean these?
- Can I remove the clear vinyl seals and the shower sweep that fit around my frameless shower door?
- How long will my vinyl seal and protective shower sweep last?
- Will you replace my shower glass if it becomes corroded, stained or scratched?
- How do I make a claim on my frameless shower warranty covereage?